Hi, I'm Suzanna.
I'm a mid-western mom of 4 and a research nerd.
I created TotumVos Collagen Chews for my 75-year old mother.
In 2017 she came to visit the kids, but she wasn't herself. I could tell by the way she was walking and by her low energy that something was wrong.
She tried to be upbeat, especially around her grand kids, but she was obviously suffering.
She shared that the discs in her back were bulging and her spine had several micro-fractures. She had pain in her knees and hips and she was losing teeth. She was at a crisis point and I was worried. It was hard to see her like this. I had to find a way to help her.
So I did what I do best—I started to research! I soon discovered that there were some very compelling research studies involving collagen supplementation and bone loss. I kept digging and was astounded by what I found.
Collagen was amazing!
Here's what I found out~
taking a collagen supplement is associated with a number of health benefits:
- it supports your skin, hair and nails;
- it supports muscle growth and regeneration;
- it helps maintain the integrity of joints and muscles and strengthens bone;
- it promotes tissue repair and heals the intestinal barrier (the "gut");
- it supports cardiovascular health
- it supports brain health
Wow! I had to find a way to get some collagen into my mom!I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find a product that would meet my mom's special needs...
- The chew to be soft to accommodate her teeth issues but with a considerable shelf life so that she could take it anywhere.
- I wanted it to include multiple types of collagen, because multiple types address different needs within the body.
- It needed to be teamed with Vitamin C (as well as other key ingredients to be readily absorbed and easily used by the body.
- I didn't want it wrapped in plastic. No toxins for my mom!
- It needed to be delicious, so she would keep taking them!
So I got out my blender and started to create! It took me 6 months, but I came up with a product that could meet all of her needs
in one single chew!
I didn't make any compromises!
I'm happy to say that my mom—and many others—love them! I hope you do, too.
Happy gentle chewing! ;-)